The 2013 henries awards is here. But what are they Henries?
160 years ago Sir Henry Cole had the bright idea of sending a greetings card at Christmas and brought to the world the first commercial Christmas card.
Since 1843 much has moved on. The greetings card industry has evolved into a £1.38Bn* industry. And because the UK leads the way in terms of designs and spend, it was felt by the lovely people at Progressive Greetings that we should recognise the achievements of creative people behind the cards.
Just to illustrate how popular the market is, some 14,000 cards were entered last year. There are various categories for illustrators to consider.
- Best Art Range
- Best Children’s Range
- Best Christmas Box or Pack
- Best Christmas Counter Cards Range
- Best Contemporary Trend Range
- Best Cute Range
- Best Giftwrappings Collection
- Best Handmade or Hand-finished Range
- Best Humorous Range
- Best Licensed Card Range
- Best Male Range
- Best Occasions or Relations Range
- Best Photographic Range
- Best Service To The Independent Retailer
- Best Spring Seasons Range
- Best Wholesale Range
- Best Words and Sentiments Range
- Honorary Achievement Award
- Most Promising Young Designer Or Artist
So, if you are a small one-man/woman band or a large corporate the awards are open now. How to enter. Entries will be judged by a panel of retail buyers from across the industry.
The winners shall be announced at a Calypso themed evening at The Lancaster Hotel, on the 10 October.
*The Greetings Card Association: Source Link